“Acting is behaving truthfully under imaginary circumstances.”- Sanford Meisner
Here and there, films can be truly awful. Confusing and tangled plots alongside less engaging material can make for a horrible time in the movie. It’s regrettable because studios, producers, actors, and directors can work on a project very hard for quite a long time, possibly to have it get broadly panned when it at last hits theaters. In any case, however terrible as certain movies maybe, a significant number of them actually have some secret gems. Pretty much every actor, regardless of how distinguished their career has been, has dealt with a film that has left us all scratching our heads. So while it’s unbelievably simple to hate on awful cinema, even the most exceedingly terrible cinematic travesties aren’t without some legitimacy. Quality acting doesn’t really require a good film encompassing it to radiate through; however, it positively helps. There are various situations where we’ve seen extraordinary exhibitions covered up away in terrible movies. Taking in a disappointing film is definitely not a charming encounter. Yet, it tends to be relieved to some degree if there’s a standout performance that lifts the material. Although these following 10 performances don’t necessarily justify alone, the way they exist despite awful scripts, weak direction, or some other mix of factors that could wreck a production is little miracles.
1. Tom Hiddleston as Loki in Thor: The Dark World:
2. Viola Davis as Aibileen Clark and Octavia Spencer as Minny Jackson in The Help:
3. Meryl Streep as The Witch in Into the Woods:
4. Michael Fassbender as Magneto in X-Men: Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix:
5. Tom Hiddleston (again) as Hank Williams in I Saw The Light:
6. Octavia Spencer (yep, again) as Ma in Ma:
7. Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody:
8. Brad Pitt as Cliff Booth in Once Upon A Time in Hollywood:
9. Zac Efron as Ted Bundy in Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile:
10. Will Smith and Margot Robbie as Deadshot and Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad:
These were 10 Times When Actors Saved Awful Movies By Their Sheer Force Of. To be honest, some of the movies, rather than most of them present on this list, had a bad plot, but due to few actors/actresses, these movies somehow made good box office revenue.
What do you guys have to say about this? Do you agree with us? Let us know in the comment section below… Until then, keep on reading Animated Times, your one-stop solution to get a closer look into the entertainment industry, upcoming movies, and TV Series or celebrity gossips, and whatnot; we have got you all covered. Read Now!