The outbreak of the current coronavirus has left the entire world in a standstill. Among all the businesses, the worst-hit business is the theatre section. This is due to the fact that the disease is easily spread through close contact. Hence, to cut down the number of people catching the disease, many major directors have rescheduled their releases.
The following includes a list of movies that have been officially postponed to a later date:
No Time to Die
- The movie was set to release by the next month. However, seeing the current situation of major countries like Italy, China, Japan, and South Korea, the film has been postponed by MGM. MGM already saw how the release of the film could cause potential losses, hence deciding to pull off the film.
Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway
- The news for postponing this movie came immediately after the above movie’s delay in release. This movie has been postponed to a release date of August 07. Seeing the current downfall of the economy, Sony has pulled off the film in its best favors.
A Quiet Place Part II
- This movie was slated to be released on the 20th of March, 2020, which has now been delayed to a later date in 2020. The makers of the film have promised that they would come with the film later this year, once the pandemic is done with.
Fast and Furious 9
- The release of this movie has now been moved to the next year. The film will probably hit the theatres on the 2nd of April 2021. A huge amount of money has been invested in the movie; hence, it would be a decision to pull the film off to a later date.
- The movie is a comedy film which was all set to hit the cinemas on the 3rd of April. However, the film will now make its appearance on Netflix directly. Seeing the current situation of coronavirus, it would best to shift the film to a Netflix release.
The New Mutants
- This movie unlike the above has now been rescheduled again. This is the fourth time that the film has been postponed. However, the new release date remains unknown. Due to various reasons, the film saw a delay that includes reshoots and other circumstances.
- Disney seems to have invested a huge amount in these movies. Seeing the current scenario, it was best that Disney took the decision to postpone the film.
- The release of the film has also been postponed, which was earlier got released in April. Even though a few of the theatres will be operational, the shutdown of the domestic theatres will cause losses to the film.
- Marvel Studios was seen to have waited for a long time before they decided to pull this film off. In order to save the other big releases that include Phase 4 MCU films and Disney+ TV series, the release of Black Widow has been delayed.
The Personal History of David Copperfield
- Initially, the film was slated to get released on the 8th of May in the US. The film has already been released in the UK market. However, seeing the current coronavirus pandemic this release too has been postponed.
The Woman In The Window
- This is a horror-based movie. The film was about to release somewhere around the middle of May. The film has seen a rescheduling for the second time. Initially, the film had a release date in the year 2019.
- The film was about to hit the cinemas in the month of April. However, it is yet uncertain when the film will be released.
Spiral: From the Book of Saw
- The release of this film too has been rescheduled to a later date. That’s a piece of bad news for the awaiting fans.
- The movies are based on how a mother has kept many dark secrets from her daughter who is physically challenged. Initially, slated to release in the month of January it got shifted later to release in the month of May. However, the movie has now been completely called off.
Minions: The Rise of Gru
- This animated film was about to release in the month of July 2020 however the coronavirus has decided to leave no one. The main reason for the delay in the film is due to the film being incomplete. The film is yet to be said in the writing phase.
Wonder Woman 1984
- The release of the film has been shifted from the 5th of June to the 14th of August. The film saw a second rescheduling. We expect that the film would not see yet another delay after the 14th of August.
- The major coronavirus pandemic seems to leave no stone unturned to delay the release of major Hollywood films. The film was seen to release in the middle of May however seeing the current situation even that seems to be unpredictable.
In the Heights
- The coronavirus has not only led to delay in the release of major films I have also caused many productions of movies to shut down. It delayed its release date to June 26th earlier however it has now completely dropped the idea to release the film.
- The release of the movie has been rescheduled possibly because of the delay in the release of another film that has been attacked by the coronavirus. Malignant was originally set to release on the 14th of August; however, the date has now been given to Wonder Woman 1984.