If you haven’t watched seen this animated film, then you are missing out on a lot. But knowing that you are here reading this, it’s probably safe to say that you also loved this movie as much as we do.
“Inside Out” is still one of the best movies to be made by Disney in the past decade, even winning the 2016 Golden Globe Award for the “Best Animated Film.” The film has been liked by people of all ages and it became an instant classic favorite due to the themes introduced in the film just hitting close to home for almost all of us.
The movie is about Riley, an 11-year-old kid, and the five emotions that live inside her: energetic and optimistic Joy, voiced by Amy Poehler, shaky Fear that ensures Riley is always safe (voiced by Bill Hader), raging Anger who was voiced by Lewis Black, picky Disgust who helps Riley avoid being poisoned and was voiced by Mindy Kaling, and last, Sadness, voiced by Phyllis Smith. It is centered in San Francisco, where Riley’s family gets relocated, and these emotions help her through the difficult transition.
1. The bubbly skin texture of the characters cost a lot of money, risking their budget, but fortunately, it all came out fine!
2. If you did not notice, Disgust has a shape like broccoli.
This being said, all other emotions are firmly based on things as well: Fear looks like a thin nerve, Joy is built like a star, Anger resembles a brick, and sadness looks like the personification of a teardrop.
3. The newspaper held by Anger has headlines that reveal the details of Riley’s day.
4. 45 Animators worked hard on the film. However, this is still half the size of those who worked on previous Pixar films.
5. A schoolgirl in a scene wears a shirt similar to Sid’s in Toy Story.
6. This line “Take her to the moon for me,” was recorded at a time when Richard King, who was the voice of Bing Bong, was also wailing.
7. A plot hole that some noticed: Joy did not push the core memories up the pneumatic tube when it was a lot easier the same way.
““We discussed that on the way and it was one of those things where we kind of boxed ourselves in a corner a little bit. We added the recall thing later, when they were doing the song that got stuck in her head.”