Quantcast

King Charles Invites Ngozi Fulani to Buckingham Palace as Damage Control After Baroness Hussey Asked Her Where She’s Really From Amidst Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Accusing Royal Family of Racism

On Wednesday, Buckingham Palace stated that a household member and Prince William’s godmother Lady Susan Hussey apologized and resigned from her royal duties after making “unacceptable and regrettable remarks” for Ngozi Fulani at a reception hosted by Camilla, the Queen Consort, to raise awareness of domestic abuse and violence against women.

King Charles and Queen Camilla
King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla

King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla invited Ngozi Fulani, the British charity boss who was allegedly asked where she was “really” from, to Buckingham Palace to discuss the whole matter.

The founder of Sistah Space, Ngozi Fulani, was stunned by Lady Susan Hussey’s treatment of her at a Palace charity event where she faced racial discrimination. Over 60 years, the 83-year-old Susan Hussey served as Queen Elizabeth II’s lady-in-waiting and assisted the Queen in her daily activities. She hasn’t been widely reported on, but she was sometimes seen in the background at high-profile royal engagements, but she is no longer a royal staff member now.

Also Read: ‘Racism has no place in our society’: Prince William Slams Godmother Lady Susan Hussey for Racist Insult to Guest – “What part of Africa are you from?”

King Charles III To Meet Ngozi Fulani

The palace has invited Ngozi Fulani, a British charity boss who faced racial discrimination during the event at the palace by the household, to meet with King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla. 83-year-old Lady Susan Hussey, the late queen’s lady-in-waiting, and Prince William‘s godmother apologized and resigned after the charity boss Fulani at a reception hosted by the queen consort felt traumatized and violated when Hussey repeatedly asked the charity boss where she “genuinely came from.”

Ngozi Fulani
The founder of the charity Sistah Space, Ngozi Fulani

According to Fulani, Buckingham Palace has not contacted her about what happened. However, there are now reports that King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla will meet Ms. Fulani to discuss the whole matter she faced.

In an interview with ITV’s Good Morning Britain, Fulani said, “Although I didn’t experience physical violence, what I feel I experienced was a form of abuse.”

As a result of the speed of the response to the latest allegations, a royal expert, Giselle Bastin from Flinders University, says they are being proactive. A royal expert at the University of Sydney concurs that the new monarch is trying to change public perceptions about the royal family. The Palace and Ms. Fulani’s team appear to be in “dialogue,” though no further details have been provided.

Also Read: “He is determined not to cut Harry off”: King Charles is Hopeful For Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to End Rivalry With Kate Middleton and Prince William After the Controversial Netflix Documentary

Racism Allegations Against The Royal Family: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle

Just over a year ago, the royal family came under scrutiny after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle claimed that their son Archie had been subjected to racist remarks about him.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

During a 2021 interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle revealed that she and her husband had “concerns and discussions about how dark his skin might be when he is born when I was first pregnant.”

In light of the revelations, Queen Elizabeth II said the royal family was “saddened” by the extent of the couple’s struggles.

Buckingham Palace then said in a statement,

The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.”

A year later after the Markle’s intervew, as Ngozi Fulani attended Buckingham Palace’s reception on Tuesday, she represented Sistah Space. This London-based charity supports African and Caribbean women who have been victimized by domestic abuse and sexual abuse, but she was, instead, targeted for racial discrimination due to her ethnicity.

The palace’s actions show King Charles III’s intention to deal with allegations and complaints with seriousness and urgency never seen under Elizabeth II.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said,

We take this incident extremely seriously and have investigated immediately to establish the full details.”

A royal spokesman told reporters after the Prince and Princess of Wales arrived in Boston on a three-day visit that racism has no place in contemporary society. The people are now watching the media closely to see how Buckingham palace is handling the situation.

Also Read: Queen Consort Camilla Has ‘Desire to show unified front and a family vibe’ as Meghan Markle Pulls All Stops to Defame World’s Most Powerful Royal Family

Source: Geo News

Tulika Shreshthi
Tulika Shreshthi

Tulika Shreshthi is a professional content writer at Animated Times in an entertainment niche. She has years of experience in Content Management and SEO-based digital Content Writing. Also, she has a specialization in technical content writing. As an illustrator, she loves to draw something on her iPad while not writing professionally. She is passionate about the children's digital illustrations segment. Aside from illustrating, she also enjoys cooking and singing as her hobby.

Newsletter Updates

Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *