Looks like League of Legends has a new champion on their hands and it is a magical cat named Yuumi.
How Is Yuumi Different?
This cat comes with some unique mechanics and will be supporting her damage elders in the bottom lane. Yuumi has been teased in the last well be to be more in line with a traditional supporting along the lines of Soraka or Lulu who are designed to stick with another champion and amplify their attacks while also protecting them. But to fill that role, she makes use of her page-filled companion who’s just referred to as “Book.”
The trailer which you see above was actually the first official look at Yuumi which League of Legends players got.
What Abilities Does This New League Of Legends Champion Yuumi Come With?
A gameplay trailer will likely be arriving soon but if you want a look at her abilities then the League client has updated all of them: let’s take a look at them:
- Passive: Bop ‘n’ Block: Yuumi’s next attack aga inst an opponent restores mana and gives her a shield. If Yuumi is Attached then the shield also protects her ally. The shield continues to protect her and her ally till it breaks.
- Prowling Projectile: Here Yuumi fires off a missile which deals magic damage to the very first enemy hit. If the missile is in flight long enough, it also deals bonus damage and slows enemies. When Attached, Yuumi fires a missile from her Ally’s position and she can also direct the missile’s flight path using her mouse.
- You and Me!: This might be the most impressive tool in her box. When Attached, Yuumi and her Ally can gain a percentage of each other’s AD or AP converted to Adaptive Force. This happens when she is passive but when she is active then Yuumi begins with a point in her W. She dashes to an ally champion and attaches to them. While Attached, she follows her partner’s movements and is untargetable by everything except tower damage. She can Unattach after a cool down or Attach to another teammate with no cool down.
- Zoomies: Yuumi heals and gains a burst of movement speed. If Attached, her ally gets targeted by the spell instead. This spell has two charges.
- Final Chapter: Yuumi opens Book which launches waves of magic damage that root enemies after multiple hits. While using her ult, Yuumi can move, attach to ally champions, and heal.
Yuumi will get added to PBE servers soon for testing before she goes live for everyone in a later patch.