* FX announced a 10-episode straight-to-series order set to premiere this year on FXX.
* Donald Glover and his brother Stephen Glover were to be credited as showrunners, executive producers, and writers.
* Animation studio, Titmouse pitched the footage blending Ryan Reynolds’ dialogue from the 2016 live-action film with some crisp, slick animated action.
* Titmouse didn’t get the gig. Instead, FX went with Floyd County Productions, the company behind the animated series Archer.
LATE MARCH 2018
* FX cancels Deadpool stating, “Due to creative differences, FX, Donald Glover, Stephen Glover and Marvel Television have agreed to part ways on Marvel’s Deadpool animated series.”
* Donald Glover tweeted, “for the record: i wasnt too busy to work on deadpool”, followed by a 15-page “FINALE” script which pointed references to why the brothers, Marvel TV, and FX decided to pull the plug.
* Stephen Glover tweeted, “There really was a Taylor Swift episode. It was HILARIOUS. And it definitely was the last straw lol”
* He went on to say, “Our show wasn’t too black. It wasn’t really that black at all. But we definitely wanted to give ‘Rick and Morty’ a run for their money and I think we would have. Proud of the gang.”
* Donald and Stephen Glover deleted all their Deadpool-related tweets.
* The rejected test footage from Titmouse was leaked first in Vimeo (no longer available).
As of right now, it is unclear if Marvel TV will still pursue the project with or without Donald and Stephen Glover.