Academy Awards are around the corner and Disney has now officially launched the “For Your Consideration” campaigns for its movies and TV shows across its many studios. When it’s about a movie like Black Widow, this certainly means a heavy push at the Oscars 2022 for star Scarlett Johansson.
Disney Pushes Scarlett Johansson For Oscars 2022
If you check the updated Disney Studios awards website, it states that the Mouse is pushing Scarlett Johansson for a Best Actress nomination at next year’s Academy Awards.
However, Johannson isn’t the only one either – Olga Kurylenko, Florence Pugh, and Rachel Weisz are also being campaigned for Best Supporting Actress while O-T Fagbenle, David Harbour, Ray Winstone, and William Hurt, are all being pushed by Disney for Best Supporting Actor.
Other categories that the Mouse is pushing Black Widow for during an Oscar campaign include:
- Best Picture: Kevin Feige, p.g.a.
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Eric Pearson; Story by Jac Schaeffer and Ned Benson
- Best Director: Cate Shortland
- Best Cinematography: Gabriel Beristain, ASC
- Best Production Design: Charles Wood and John Bush
- Best Film Editing: Leigh Folsom Boyd, ACE and Matthew Schmidt
- Best Costume Design: Jany Temime
- Best Sound: Shannon Mills, Daniel Laurie, Juan Peralta, Lora Hirschberg, Chris Munro, and Nia Hansen
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Paul Gooch and Paula Price
- Original Score: Lorne Balfe
- Best Visual Effects: Geoffrey Baumann, Dave Hodgins, Craig Hammack, and Paul Corbould
Interestingly, earlier in 2021, Disney and Johansson were embroiled in a lawsuit throughout the first half of the year, although it was settled later.
“I think it’s important in general to know your own worth and stand up for yourself, and I think, you know, in this industry, I’ve been working for such a long time. It’s been almost 30 years and so I’ve seen … there’s so much that has shifted over those 30 years,” Johansson explained. She added that in the past she may have been worried about being “blacklisted,” but “thankfully that’s changing in the zeitgeist.”
Black Widow is now streaming, only on Disney+ .