The British royal family is in the highlights a lot, and one of the reasons behind that is the famous couple, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, who seem to have received quite a lot of criticism after they left the family. Their decision to move out happened for numerous reasons, with one being the discrimination Markle faced for being part of the royal family. Not just the public, but the couple faced discrimination within the walls of the royal palace as well.
The duo finally has the opportunity to showcase their lives through Netflix, however, things are not looking good. As per recent reports, the duo is trying to keep themselves at a distance from the upcoming docuseries.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are Reportedly Concerned Over Their Docuseries
The royal couple of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are concerned about their upcoming docuseries which could turn out to be a failure. Royal commentator Neil Sean has explained more about the fear that the couple is having regarding their Netflix series.
As per his claims, the Duke of Sussex allegedly hates the series while his wife is apparently trying to get rid of it. They wanted to create a fresh image through this series, however, the plan seems to have not worked out.
“Harry and Meghan wanted to use the documentary to present themselves in a brand new light, as hard-working people,” he stated.
In an interview that the Duchess of Sussex gave last month regarding the series, she stated that the documentary “may not be the way we would have told it”.
The major problem seems to be the pair’s reaction which seems to state that the output was not what they expected.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are Not Happy With the Docuseries
As per the royal commentator, the duo is not happy with the project and is trying to keep themselves apart from it.
“A source close to the couple says they are trying to disassociate themselves from the entire project but wish it well. Basically, they are not happy with it, and they are hoping we forget about it.”
Sean also stated that the “biggest problem engulfing the couple” is their “possible reaction to the finished product.”
In addition to that, “The story of this will continue to leak out. Netflix are hoping that the publicity, even if it’s bad, will make people tune into what some are describing as a car crash.”
It came just a while after it was reported that the duo had a rift with the first director Garrett Bradley, who was assigned to the project. An insider told the New York Post, “Garrett wanted Harry and Meghan to film at home and they were not comfortable doing that.”
As per another source, the fallout happened as the Sussexes wanted everything to be scripted rather than doing things like reality TV series.
The untitled series will drop on December 8 this year, as per latest reports.